MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This Logistics Coordinator position is the perfect fit for someone with 2-3 years of experience dealing with 3PLs, experience with POs, SAP, and other ERP systems.
This client has a massive presence in the CPG/F&B industry and sales have been booming due to covid.
- Work with vendors to schedule back hauls
- Coordinate equipment and manpower for back hauls
- Track expenses related to back hauls
- Collaborate with members of Transportation, Procurement, Warehouse, and Sales regarding back hauls
- Using SAP and PO system
- Ensuring smooth and accurate delivery process, updating customers and anyone involved in shipping process of the ETA and status of order
- Communicating with 3PLs
- Transportation related duties as necessary
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience communicating with 3PLs
- Experience using SAP or ERP systems
- Excellent verbal, written communication and follow up skills preferred
- 2 years minimum logistics experience required (scheduling, equipment, tracking expenses)
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to work well with others
- Must be able to multi task
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Must be able to meet daily goals and deadlines
- Transportation/Operations experience preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Job security in an uncertain market
- Temp to perm position
- Based in Manhattan