Avis Budget Group Supply Chain Now Hiring Maintenance & Damage Administrative Assistant!
Avis Budget Group operates two of the most recognized brands in the global vehicle rental industry through Avis Rent A Car System, LLC (Avis) and Budget Rent A Car System, Inc. We are currently searching for a dedicated M & D Administrative Assistant to work out of our Newark office.
This exciting position will provide administrative support, in an automotive repair shop environment, to the New York region including various locations and functional departments. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: basic administrative duties including vendor management, accounts payable (Oracle), closing shop repair orders, generating reports, managing and monitoring communications including mail, phone and electronic correspondence. Also, working on special projects as assigned. This position requires someone who can multi task while working in a very fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma
- 3 years working in an office environment preferred
- 2 years of administrative experience preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Oracle. Intermediate Excel experience required (ex. Formulas such as vlookup, Conditional Formatting)
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proven and progressive organizational skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- May be required to perform tasks outside (e.g. updating registrations on vehicles on lot)
- Provide assistance to customers when cars are purchased to dealers
- Resourceful and willing to perform multiple tasks/roles
- Able to prioritize competing priorities
- Automotive industry experience preferred
Perks you’ll get:
- Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Eligible to elect other voluntary benefits including: Group Auto Insurance, Group Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Legal Assistance, Identity Theft Protection, FSA, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, and additional life insurance coverages
- Contribute up to $270 as a tax-free benefit for public transportation or parking expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
- Full training to learn the business and enhance professional skills
- Employee discounts, including discounted prices on the purchase of Avis/Budget cars
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for services including counseling, financial and legal consultation, referrals for care service and more
- Community involvement opportunities
Who are we?
Glad you asked! Avis Budget Group is a leading provider of mobility options, with brands including Avis, Budget & Budget Truck, and Zipcar. With more than 70 years of experience and 11,000 locations in 180 countries, we are shaping the future of our industry and want you to join us in our mission. Apply today to get connected to an exciting career, a supportive family of employees and a world of opportunities.
The fine print:
Avis Budget Group is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
This role requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and enter and exit vehicles. This advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of Avis Budget Group.