For over 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. With offices throughout the United States and in Canada, we are independent and a privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients.
Our National Office is searching for a Manager, Training & Development. The role is currently remote but will eventually be based in our New York City office.
The Manager, Training & Development (26ldquo;Manager26rdquo;) reports to the Vice President of Organizational Development and Training (ODT) and has responsibility for contributing to and building of training programs addressing organizational and business-related skills and competencies across the company.
This individual works independently on most projects that requires expertise in the field of learning and development. The Manager project leads medium-sized and/or complex projects that may involve coordination of integrated resources both inside and outside of the ODT and HR unit. They will apply creativity to the research, design, and implementation of development methods to elevate performance and professionally grow the company26rsquo;s employees. Success in the role requires effective collaboration across the organization.
The Manager participates in managing the day-to-day activities and contributing to the strategic direction of the Learning and Development function in partnership with the VP. The Manager is responsible for building and maintaining effective, consultative relationships at all levels of the organization. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Conducting ongoing organizational learning needs assessments; skills assessment proficiency of our talent and the ability to determine skill gaps; align talent requirements with Segal26rsquo;s business strategy & plans.
- Researching, monitoring and evaluating external training vendors, technology based tools/platforms and integration of other development resources as needed. Development of customized learning paths for targeted audiences
- Providing virtual and blended-learning solutions (e.g., accessing high-quality learning content supported by on-line, mobile-friendly technology tools/platforms, etc.).
- Marketing and communicating training & development programs, verbally and in writing; administering all aspects of training implementation including course offerings, registration, and participant confirmation, wait listing, coordinating, and reporting of employee participation in training.
- Coordinating and managing our Learning Management System (LMS) and delivering training and development content via multiple mediums, while continuously working to improve learning content.
- Working with technical managers to support the development of classroom and on-the-job, technology-driven training and development activities including responsibility for train-the-trainer activities
- Facilitating workshops/webinars (in-person and virtually).
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree. Master26rsquo;s degree or Certification in Training, Organizational Development, Coaching or other related academic discipline desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience within a progressive, service-oriented organization. (e.g., professional service, financial services or other client-billable oriented firms) and/or corporate environment that is consultative in approach to delivering T&D services.
- Experience in instructional design, webinar development, workshops and online programs; application of technology-related development resources, e.g., e-learning, on-line collaboration; social media and other tools to foster learning (all necessary).
- Experience in management development, consultative sales/negotiations/communications, project management and presentation skills is highly desirable. Demonstrated competency in web-based research for program development purposes.
- Certification in relevant areas of expertise that includes all or a combination of: Leadership and Management Development, consultative sales/negotiations /communications development, project management and presentation skills is desired.
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to consult/advise and influence diverse business groups/audiences on issue-specific training and/or development interventions (all necessary). Effective facilitation and presentation skills; demonstrated project management and delivery skills (e.g., planning, resourcing, controlling, executing task, and quality assurance).
- Ability to execute a strategic L&D strategy that will have short and long- term impact.
- Ability to serve as the Learning Management System Administrator. Provide administrative and logistical support and coordination for all training and development programs, and ensure quality services. Ability to record and maintain organizational training metrics via LearnCenter.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and serve as liaison between internal SME26rsquo;s, external vendors, and the L&D Center of Excellence for training activities.
- Experience in eLearning Instructional Design and the ability to source learning technologies and contract with learning‐technology vendors.
- Ability to serve as facilitator on various L&D training programs and provide consultative services on OD initiatives.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Proficiency in Learning Management Systems is required.
Diversity & Inclusion at Segal
At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.