For over 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits, retirement plan investment advisory and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent, privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people.
For over 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. With offices throughout the United States and in Canada, we are independent and a privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients.
Our National Office is searching for a Manager, Training & Development. The role is currently remote but will eventually be based in our New York City office.
The Manager, Training & Development (“Manager”) reports to the Vice President of Organizational Development and Training (ODT) and has responsibility for contributing to and building of training programs addressing organizational and business-related skills and competencies across the company.
This individual works independently on most projects that requires expertise in the field of learning and development. The Manager project leads medium-sized and/or complex projects that may involve coordination of integrated resources both inside and outside of the ODT and HR unit. They will apply creativity to the research, design, and implementation of development methods to elevate performance and professionally grow the company’s employees. Success in the role requires effective collaboration across the organization.
The Manager participates in managing the day-to-day activities and contributing to the strategic direction of the Learning and Development function in partnership with the VP. The Manager is responsible for building and maintaining effective, consultative relationships at all levels of the organization. Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Conducting ongoing organizational learning needs assessments; skills assessment proficiency of our talent and the ability to determine skill gaps; align talent requirements with Segal’s business strategy & plans.
- Researching, monitoring and evaluating external training vendors, technology based tools/platforms and integration of other development resources as needed. Development of customized learning paths for targeted audiences
- Providing virtual and blended-learning solutions (e.g., accessing high-quality learning content supported by on-line, mobile-friendly technology tools/platforms, etc.).
- Marketing and communicating training & development programs, verbally and in writing; administering all aspects of training implementation including course offerings, registration, and participant confirmation, wait listing, coordinating, and reporting of employee participation in training.
- Coordinating and managing our Learning Management System (LMS) and delivering training and development content via multiple mediums, while continuously working to improve learning content.
- Working with technical managers to support the development of classroom and on-the-job, technology-driven training and development activities including responsibility for train-the-trainer activities
- Facilitating workshops/webinars (in-person and virtually).
In addition to medical, dental and vision benefits, Segal offers a 401(k) profit sharing plan, which provides a 401(k) employer match as a means to help its employees build for their retirement future.