Market Sales Leader
What can you expect?
- Mercer is a globally recognized leader in human capital and benefits consulting where you can leverage the #1 HR consulting firm to back your sales acumen.
- Work alongside a world-class team of consultants, while leading 15 Sales Professionals in the Northeast region.
- Develop sales strategies and engage employers in solving some of their most critical challenges in healthcare, financial security, and career development.
- This is a highly visible role, where you will be tasked with leading the most influential market region in our North American Health & Benefits practice.
What is in it for you?
We are the global leader in the health and benefits space. We deliver innovative solutions that address the health and wellness needs of our clients and their employees.
On day one you will be eligible for medical, dental, and vision care benefits, we also offer employee discounts and a number of other special benefits!
- This position also accrues 25 vacation days annually. In addition, all employees receive 10 days of sick time.
- Mercer also provides other benefits such as deals on auto and pet insurance, discounts on products and services, and more
We will count on you to:
o Leadership & Strategic Direction
- Develop sales strategies and enablement that leverage multiple lines of business and product flows.
- Be a subject matter expertise on sales techniques for mid market accounts (1,000-5,000 Employees) and best-practices for nuanced sales efforts, initiatives, and negotiation tactics.
- Demonstrate leadership acumen in managing top performers and providing guidance for success
- Know your competitors top talent and partner with talent acquisition to attract top sales talent.
- Collaborate with the Market Business Leaders, Office Business Leaders and Channel Partners (Marsh) to drive sales growth.
o Drive sales process and discipline around:
- Target client identification.
- Account planning and execution.
- Pipeline, win rate analysis, gain/loss analysis.
What you need to have:
- A proven track record/demonstrated experience leading sales/growth in a consulting and/or business services company.
- Successfully implemented go to market and prospect initiation strategies.
- Experience with strategic planning.
- Excellent salesmanship, communications and interpersonal skills and a consummate networker.
- Strong ability to interface with colleagues/customers at all levels.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).