Marketing Technology Leader
Location: NYC, Hoboken or Remote USA or Canada
Marsh & McLennan is seeking a Marketing Technology Leader who is both a technologist and marketing operations professional with B2B and B2C experience.
What Can You Expect?
- Leadership – Be known as a critical leader in a team-based program structure centered on optimization of platforms and strong enablement of functions, including the acquisition and combinations of products to achieve overall business and enterprise objectives
- Visibility – interaction with senior leadership across the enterprise
- Culture- work in a diverse culture and a global team
What’s In It For You?
- Career Growth – performance is rewarded with new opportunities
- Impact – Solidify our Enterprise CRM strategic direction
- Benefits - competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs
We Will Count On You To:
- Design & Innovate
- Explore solutions for ambiguous and complex business problems, using research and business assessment capabilities.
- Prove out possible solutions through digital sprints and POCs.
- Determine opportunity set, drives innovative ideas and recommends actionable next steps.
- Lead & Build
- Partner with Sales Tech Leader in end-to-end review and optimization of process and data.
- Works across the MMC tech teams to identify and align with the business and enterprise architecture, data strategy and tools.
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate long-term technology roadmap.
- Lead the development of personas and customer journeys.
- Oversee, staff and manage activities that are transferred from the businesses and consolidated in the center.
- Prepare and present recommendations for the business and tech leadership.
- Manage working groups representing MMC wide businesses and technology teams.
- Lead vendor discussions and product evaluations on behalf of technology and the businesses.
- Educate & Train
- Work across the businesses in the development of data strategies and toolsets that puts client impact first.
- Follow trends in marketing technology incl. emerging vendors and solutions.
- Explores and recommends products for POCs and pilots.
- Communicate and share best practices across business lines
- Deliver & Standardize
- Bring rigor to the decision-making process by evaluating and presenting solutions, driving consensus amongst key stakeholders
- Work with in-house offshore development teams to determine opportunities for skill acquisitions and expansion of scope. Develops business cases and socializes with leadership.
- Collaborate with business and business tech in the transition of services and the build out of internal shared services teams.
- Conduct due diligence on vendor products, socializes and prepares recommendations.
- Determine solutions that comply with MMC information security and compliance requirements.
What you need to have:
- Technology & Analytics in your DNA
- Strong understanding of analytical tools and data solutions enabling sales and marketing insights.
- Experience with data models using Excel, Tableau, and other BI tools.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Programming skills such as SQL, Java, Java Script, HTML, Python
- Database skills, MongoDB, SQL, Oracle
- MS Dynamics, Salesforce Marketing Product Suite, Marketo, Adobe Experience Manager, Informatica, Dremio, Jira, GitHub, API, Apigee, Micro services, Tableau
- Thought leadership and deep expertise of the current marketing vendor landscape as well as emerging technologies with strong focus on digital marketing and marketing automation tools.
- Marketing content lifecycle experience in global B2B & B2C companies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic in presenting ideas to internal clients including leadership.
- Deep subject matter expertise in B2B as well as B2C marketing.
- Proven experience leading marketing strategies and roadmaps in a complex business environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in consulting, with minimal 3 years' experience in marketing automation technologies
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change.
- Ability to work with a broad team across multiple disciplines to help in the transformation of the business.
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project lifecycle.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 75,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.