Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Clinical - Medical
Req #: MEDIC02659
Schedule: Full Time
Location: NY - Manhattan
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is currently seeking a dynamic Medical Director to join our team in Manhattan, NY or remotely! The Medical Director provides medical oversight of UM activities, works synergistically with CM team toward achieving deliverables (PGs, quality metrics), and participates in Plan meetings (quarterly, joint operating meetings).
*This can be a remote / work from home position for applicants who reside near Manhattan, NY*
- Behavioral health provider quality profile design and data interpretation.
- Development, implementation, and interpretation of clinical-medical policies and procedures that are specific to behavioral health or can be expected to impact the health and recovery of individuals with behavioral health diagnoses.
- Ensure strong integration of physical and behavioral health care services in conjunction with the designated Medical Director and medical management staff.
- Clinical peer review recruitment and supervision.
- Provider education, training, and orientation to promote adoption of evidence based practices.
- Decision-making process for behavioral health provider credentialing decisions.
- Clinical triage and the identification of potential quality of care issues.
- Development and implementation of the behavioral health sections of the QM/UM Plan, including chairing behavioral health committees for QM/UM and peer review.
- Administration of all behavioral health QM/UM and performance improvement activities, including grievances and appeals.
- Attendance at regular (at least quarterly) leadership and medical director meetings designated by the State behavioral health contract manager.
- Active participation at Regional Planning Consortium meetings.
- Chair all behavioral health subcommittees (i.e., BH Advisory; BH Utilization; BH Credentialing; BH Quality) and report to the Health Plan's Quality Assurance Committee.
- Involved in the evaluation of BH medications and other emerging technologies for adults
- Education:M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school with Board Certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology required
- Licensures: Current, valid, unrestricted New York medical license required
- Relevant Work Experience: 5 years of clinical practice in mental health required
- Travel: up to 10 - 15% travel required
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.