Mgr, Finance - Operations - Sr- Secaucus, New Jersey - Monday through Friday
As a direct report to the Sr. Director, Operations Finance, this leadership role is integral in the accuracy and integrity associated with the analysis, forecasting and budgeting of operating costs related to the Company’s Diagnostic Information Services Business. Additionally, the Sr. Finance Manager of Operations Finance is a Business Partner to the Operations Excellence Directors who are responsible for driving process improvements within Patient Services, Logistics, Client Support, Lab and Other Operations. This individual will assist the Operations Excellence Directors in developing and implementing strategy to improve quality, service and profitability. Serve as an effective Business Partner to: i) DIS and Regional Operations leadership; ii) Executive Finance Directors; and iii) Regional Finance Directors and their teams, providing the historical analysis and insights in support of driving business performance. Build and develop a high performing team of professionals through developing functional expertise within the group and provide challenging opportunities to gain additional knowledge of our business.
1. Serves as a business partner to the Operations Excellence Directors who are responsible for driving process, quality and cost improvements within the core Service delivery functions: Patient Services, Logistics, Client Support, Lab and Other Operations.
2. The Senior Finance Manager will assist the Directors in developing & implementing:
• Multi-year Improvement Strategy
• Financial ROI models supporting proposed projects / initiatives
• Productivity initiatives
• Enhanced cost reporting capabilities
• Investment & savings forecasting tools
3. Develop Business cases for significant Service Excellence investments that may include:
• Enhanced Logistics Operating System
• Ground & Air fleet Optimization
• Enterprise wide Specimen Tracking
• Patient Services & Client Support > Technology modernization
• Creating Shared Service Centers for Client, Billing & Logistics operations
• Billing Front End & System standardizations
• PSC and other Branding initiatives to maximize value creation
4.Aiding / mentoring the Service Excellence teams as they work to identify, prioritize and sequence their portfolio of Invigorate improvement initiatives.
5.Assist in developing and implementing capacity planning processes to improve asset utilization, specimen work flow and speed to delivery.
6.Support efforts to drive Enterprise wide management of Service operations.
7.Work with Service teams to maximize value creation from Technology and other Field asset investments.
8.Assist in developing and implementing an activity based Cost of Services system.
9.Collaborate to drive Service Excellence with the Regional Finance Directors, Regional Service Directors and DIS Support Teams.
10. Exemplify the New Quest Behaviors. Through Collaboration and One Team behaviors, serve as an effective extension of the Regional Finance teams. Recognizing that this centralized team serves many business partners, be agile, customer focused and performance (results) oriented.
11. Integral member of the Company’s DIS Operating Cost Analytics function with direct ownership and accountability for the accuracy and integrity associated with the analysis, forecasting and budgeting of operating costs for the DIS business. Ensure no “surprises”.
12. Consistently hire, manage and develop top talent to build and develop high performing teams of professionals through developing functional expertise within the group, providing challenging opportunities to gain additional knowledge of our business, and rotating team members. Drive employee engagement, training, and development. Build appropriate bench strength.
13. All other duties as assigned by the Director, Operating Cost Analytics.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Approximately 8+ years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of operational and financial processes and practical application of financial and strategic analysis
• Demonstrates skill in working with senior management and functional subject matter experts.
• Strong PC skills are desired
• Periodic Travel
• Hands-on manager and robust people management skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent follow-up ability
• Process driven
• Customer service focused
Competencies Critical for Success in the Role:
• Priority Setting
• Business Acumen
• Strategic thinking
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving
• Collaborative skills
• Financial modeling capabilities
• Strong leadership & professional presence
• Capability to work with Senior leadership