SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C is looking for a talented Network Engineer in our Midtown Manhattan (NYC) location.
The Network Engineer provides technical network infrastructure support to maintain a highly available deployed business’ Applications, and Financial Markets WAN, using circuits, routers, switches, and firewalls. The incumbent will install, maintain, test and debug complex network infrastructure hardware and software.
- Daily management and maintenance tasks for infrastructure datacenter environment consisting of Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Juniper Firewalls, Cisco UCS blade server, and SAN systems
- Monitor network traffic and related vendor circuits/extranet/x-connects performance
- Troubleshoot, resolve, update and maintain all documentation of network and server systems Maintain disaster recovery procedures for datacenter servers and network systems
- Conduct periodic audits, testing, and remediation in accordance with IT
- Maintain a highly secure infrastructure, protecting sensitive corporate data from internal and external threats
- Maintain a solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understand principles of routing, client/server programming, and the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
- Work closely with Extranet and other connectivity vendors to ensure smooth operation between client and datacenters
- Respond to requests for assistance or information in a timely and professional manner
- Provide support on projects and tasks to ensure successful completion
- Provide Helpdesk staff support and training as needed
- Participate in on-call support rotation
- Monitor Network performance and utilization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years working in the IT field or equivalent education
- Certifications desirable: Cisco CCNP
- Strong understanding of voice and data networks, including but not limited to Cisco and Arista switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco UCS Blade Server, Cisco and Juniper Firewalls.
- Expert knowledge EIGRP/BGP/OSPF routing concepts, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Firewall, access-list, NAT, VPN, and load balancers
- Experience with fiber channel SAN, operations, functions, stabilization
- Understanding of scripting within a network environment
- Understanding of FIX Protocol desirable
- Ability to assess, document, and implement a high level of security across all segments of the IT infrastructure
- Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical, logic, and documentation skills
- Strong attention work deadlines and excellent oral and written communication skills, high level of confidentiality, unquestionable ethics and integrity, good interpersonal skills, ability to work with a team, and ability to organize, and prioritize
- Experience working in a fast paced, high change environment, with limited supervision: self-starter
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization and follow up skills
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.