MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Network Engineer who will refresh the firms network architecture for switches, router, and redesigned network.
Globally recognized financial services firm with guaranteed opportunities for advancement and growth seeks network engineer for immediate start.
- Coordinate in designing new topologies and global WAN initiatives
- Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN network equipment and related services across multiple geographies
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems of varying degrees of complexity
- Installation and maintenance of network hardware in remote co-location facilities as directed by the Lead Network Engineer
- Assist in network operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration as directed by the Lead Network Engineer
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
* 5+ years in IT with a focus in networking
* 2+ years designing/implementing enterprise networks
* Experience with Cisco NX-OS, and IOS-XE (PANOS a Plus)
* Experience with network virtualization technologies (i.e. VDC, VRF-lite, security contexts)
* Experience with Firewall configuration and maintenance
* Security centric with experience in crypto technologies (IKE, IPSEC, SSL)
* Knowledge of the OSI network model and TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc
* Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (i.e. OSPF, BGP a big plus)
* WAN Optimization (Silver-peak)
* Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
* Experience with and the ability to provide accurate technical documentation
* The ability to handle high pressure situations and multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
* Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to lead projects and work with technical and non-technical resources to accomplish tasks
Highly competitive and based on the experience of the candidate.