Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and well being of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority!
- Performs routine installation, maintenance, and repair activities for network systems including voice, data, network, transport, and video equipment. -
- Presents and conducts self in a professional manner; promotes positive company image to the public.
- Completes post installation tests for call processing functionality and AMA testing.
- Performs monthly routine maintenance tasks. Coordinates central office translations activities.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Basic math and PC skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of telecommunications voice and data networks.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, components, and applications.
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275 lb.
- Capable of working aloft, climbing, bending, pulling, reaching overhead, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must successfully complete required safety training.
- Must be available to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Required to respond to after hour call-outs.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Job Category: Field Operations
Locations: US-New York-Syracuse\ |US|New York|Virtual Office NY V203 1.00\ |US|New York|Syracuse
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national: origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.