Kforce has a client seeking an NG911 - Telephony SME in Brooklyn, NY. This role will review and assess the adequacy of Call Handling requirements used by NYC.
- Independently review the current NYC E9-1-1 infrastructure
- Engage with public safety and stakeholder agencies to understand their needs, issues, concerns and potential barriers to migration
- Provide solution for how NYC can transition to a NG9-1-1/ESInet environment
- Determine the level of effort to procure, design, and implement a NG9-1-1 system
- Incorporate applicable federal, state and professional organizations' standards and guidelines for a NG9-1-1 system
- Identify potential impacts to the current E9-1-1/PSAC operations, and any associated Police, Fire, Emergency Medical or other NYC operations
Normal business hrs M-F 35 hr/wk (not including mandatory unpaid meal break after 6 hrs of work). If more than 35 hrs/wk, consultant must request OT in agency's timekeeping system and the PM must approve hrs worked above the wkly max.