NWN Corporation is an established leader in technology-enabled services, transforming the customer experience for commercial, enterprise and public sector organizations through its solution-as-a-service platform. With over 1,300 customers throughout the U.S., NWN provides a unified customer experience with integrated offerings for unified communications, security, contact center, DaaS (device-as-a-service), connectivity and advanced technology solutions.
NWN is looking for several NOC Engineers to join our team remotely. These are full time positions with full benefits.
Days/Hours: 2nd and 3rd shift coverage
The NOC Engineer I role is responsible for providing Level 1 network operations center services.
Scope of Role Responsibilities
Essential, key job responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring (MEC) Engineer Role
- Create incidents for alerts that come into the MEC
- Triage/troubleshoot/Escalate alerts
- Manage the cases from shift Crossover. Follow up with current open tickets that are assigned to them.
- Properly transition Crossover cases to the incoming MEC Engineer to ensure they're handled satisfactorily and continuously.
- Manage coordination with the Support Engineer during peak alerting periods to ensure events are ticketed and acted on within a reasonable time.
- If SOC alert received - inform the acting Support Engineer that one was received so Support Engineer appropriately action it.
- Support Engineer Role
- Answer, manage and address calls that come into the x3401 and x3438 lines.
- Work cases that come into runway from customers.
- Monitor emails that may come in from customer sources. Create ticketing incidents, work the issue or escalate as appropriate.
- Identify and execute scheduled tasks/checks for multiple clients in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the MEC Engineer during peak alerting periods to ensure events are ticketed and acted on within a reasonable time.
- Follow up on open incidents as appropriate to ensure they're being addressed.
- Address SOC alerts in a timely manner.
- Shared Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth and ongoing communication within the team and externally. Keep the NOC and HD teams aware of relevant, known issues (such as outages that may affect customers.) Provide relevant updates as they come.
- Keeps management properly informed with the team or customers.
- Promotes a positive team attitude.
- Due to the 24x7 nature of the job, it may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or Holidays.
Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.