Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH USThe Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others. Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB The Seymour Askin Counseling Center is a licensed outpatient mental health clinic that provides services to all age groups from young children to adolescents and adults. The clinic offers a full spectrum of services to address mental health needs related to trauma, depression, anxiety, domestic violence, substance abuse, and social isolation as well as other emotional health issues.
The Office Assistant supports the program by carrying out tasks that ensure the clinic runs smoothly and we can provide quality services to our clients and families. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing support to Office Manager and clinic administrative staff
- Answering incoming calls and making necessary outgoing calls for our providers
- Taking messages for staff as needed
- Checking in clients – insurance check, collect and apply payments, informing clinicians of clients arrival
- Scheduling/re-scheduling clients and maintaining scheduling calendars for clinic staff
- Recording copayments and private fees in Avatar system
- Verifying payment front logs with daily receipts on a daily basis
- Assisting with charts/filing/scanning, photocopying and mail projects
- Tracking and anticipating clinic needs to order supplies accordingly
- Maintaining the appearance of the reception area and waiting room
TO QUALIFYThe Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Office Assistants of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma required
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Available for some evenings and Sundays as needed
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.