Manufacturing Operations Manager
Reporting line(s) Reports to Business Owner.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager reports to the Operations Director and leads production planning, execution, and shipping efforts for AWE manufactured items. Manage 25-30 hourly staff members. Develop and implement strategies to continually improve efficiency, accuracy, timeliness, OSHA Compliance, safety, quality, and team growth.
Success in this role includes the following:
- Being a leader by example.
- Lead, hire, and coach the team. It’s all about the people.
- Achieving productivity and throughput goals each month
- Plan and execute production efficiently
- OSHA Compliance and Safety
- Zero product defect rate
- Demonstrating and documenting the continuous improvement
- Improve on-time-delivery
- 4-year Degree in engineering, supply chain, operations, or other related field preferred.
- Must have at least 5-10 years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment with complex products and multi-level bills of material.
- Must possess knowledge of Material and Shop Floor Planning, Purchasing, and Inventory Control processes.
- Strong people skills, and people management experience.
- Strong skills in ERP/MRP systems and processes.
- Customer-focused mindset. Experience in building relationships with salespeople and customers is a plus.
- Warehouse management process and systems experience preferred.
- Advanced level skills in Excel are required. Must be skilled at managing and manipulating data, formulas, macros. Other skills such as ODBC, SQL, or VBA are nice to have.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Knowledgeable about lean manufacturing and creating a positive working culture