Verbiage for career sites….
(We are seeking a junior corporate paralegal to join our Legal Department, located in our corporate headquarters in Long Island City, New York. The successful candidate will become a key member of our in-house legal team, and assist our attorneys in providing practical solutions to complex legal and business challenges. Day-to-day responsibilities will include)
- Assisting counsel with the documentation of commercial transactions, including commercial agreements and ancillary documents, preparing summaries of key terms, and tracking the status of negotiations and the performance of contractual terms.
- Assisting with the implementation of various projects, including preparing presentation materials on corporate compliance topics at the direction of counsel, organizing and tracking the development of project documentation, and assisting counsel in the presentation of such materials.
- Conducting research on various legal and commercial topics, including identifying and compiling specific laws at the direction of counsel, researching governmental agency procedures for obtaining specific results, and researching potential suppliers or business partners.
- Assisting counsel with corporate governance-related matters, including maintaining corporate books and records, and preparing and organizing materials for board, committee and shareholder meetings.
- Assisting counsel with meeting disclosure requirements under securities laws, including the preparation and filing of annual reports, quarterly reports, current reports, and Section 16 filings.
- Creating and managing a legal department calendar, specifying open action items, due dates and the follow-up/closure of such items.
- Managing an electronic and hardcopy filing system for legal department records (including contracts, litigation & regulatory matters).
- Assisting with internal and external communications (preparing correspondence (cover letters and emails) and scanning/emailing/mailing documents).