Patient Services Analyst- Secaucus, New Jersey - M-F
Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important – it is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can help us make a real difference.
Job Summary :
The Patient Services Analyst will facilitate business process excellence through national or regional Patient Services metrics while using cost effective and innovative solutions to analyze, review and document all or part of the patient services functions and processes. The analyst is responsible for directing data analysis and access database development and maintenance for patient services Leadership. This position is also responsible for providing project management support. The analyst will also perform duties as assigned by management, such as assisting in the development and implementation of new patient service processes for both regional and national process improvement teams and initiatives.
The position requires excellent analytical, process improvement, strategic agility, problem solving, communication, customer service, follow through and leadership skills, utilizing Quality Management System (QMS) principles, with an interest in Six Sigma methodology.
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Facilitate data collection, analysis of information/data to identify trends and improvement opportunities in patient service operations
- Conduct root cause analysis and work with patient services team to develop solutions/ improvement plans
- Provide feedback and analytical support to management and leadership team
- Develop data collection and tracking tools to monitor patient service errors
- Collect data and complete analysis on the IOP financials to ensure profitability
- Facilitate data collection and act as liaison for the facilities data base
- Drive Continuous Improvement Initiatives associated with best practice projects through Organizational Excellent (OE) teams in patient services
- Facilitate and manage process improvement projects; lead cross-functional teams
- Collect Voice of the Customer (VOC) from both internal and external customers
- Organize and report data analysis for OE leadership
- Work with Leadership to develop and deploy monthly financial review discussion for variance analysis at regional level
The above are only the primary functions of the job and should not be construed as describing all the duties. Employee may be called upon to perform duties outside the above.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio/Process Mapping,, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of project processes, practices, tools and understanding of project structure.
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel (30%), flexible hours.
- Lean Six Sigma training, a plus [All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
- Preferred Education
- BS or Associates Degree in Business, Finance or related Health Care field.
- Knowledge of Quest Diagnostics Patient Services policies and procedures preferred.
- 3 to 5 years overall related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years analyst/ project management experience preferred
- Six Sigma or Lean training, a plus
- Job Competencies
- Functional/Technical Skills; Integrity and Trust; Listening; Negotiating Skills; Problem Solving; Drive for Results; Composure; Creativity; Priority Setting.
- Team facilitation and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Structured problem-solving and process analysis skills
- Ability to coach others
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Able to work cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects under time constraints
- Quantitative Data Analysis aptitude
- Skilled at working with numeric data
- Can synthesize quantitative data to draw business conclusions
- Proficiency with key PC software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio/Process Mapping, Buxton, Access)
- Green Belt certification desired
- Some regional travel required