About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations.
Wells Fargo Technology
Technology at Wells Fargo is at the heart of what enables us to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. The Wells Fargo Technology (WFT) team leads technology for one of the highest market cap financial services institutions in the world, helping 76.6 million customers conduct an average of 95 million transactions each day, helping more end-customers every day – both in the United States and across the globe – than any other division in our company.
Wells Fargo Technology's goal is to exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. Through technology and operations services, Wells Fargo Technology interacts with customers more than 12 billion times a year through branch, mobile, online, ATM and telephone transactions. Wells Fargo Technology impacts customers directly through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through Wells Fargo business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers financial needs. Wells Fargo Technology strives to be a competitive advantage for the company and effective information management is one example of where we can take our capabilities to a new level of excellence.
The Wells Fargo Technology team helps customers directly every time they do business with the company, delivering a true One Wells Fargo experience and ensuring their security, regardless of channel. We also help customers by remaining trusted partners working with all lines of business (LOB) to develop and deliver value-added products and services. To do this, Wells Fargo Technology draws on the talents and motivation of thousands of technology team members across the enterprise.
Enterprise Functions Technology
The Enterprise Functions Technology Team provides technology to the Enterprise-wide lines of businesses, functions and leaders. Business alignment includes Enterprise Risk, Enterprise Finance, Enterprise Data Management and Insights, Human Resources, Stakeholder Relations, Marketing, Audit and Legal.
With many of the functions and teams newly consolidated Enterprise organizations, business and technology transformations are a key focus. EFT's role is to partner with the business, acting as one team to deliver simple, safe and sound, innovative and integrated products and services. EFT platforms and services are foundational to Wells Fargo and required to run the company and to satisfy our customer and employee needs. We must deliver every day with high availability, speed to market, strong risk management, security, agility and with financial transparency.
EFT Platform Management is undergoing a significant transformation over the next five years to reduce operational risk, improve the customers experience and introduce efficiencies through automation and innovative solutions. We are hiring a Platform Management Engineering Services Manager to introduce modern engineering practices into our EFT-wide Platform Management capability. We believe that "Hope is not a Strategy" and operational issues should be solved through code.
The Engineering Services Manager will have responsibility for leading a geographically disburse team of approximately 40 people. This leader will launch the Enterprise Functions Technology Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Practice working with CIOs and operate leaders to build embedded SRE teams within the lines of business (LOBs). This role will build and manage a team of highly capable full stack Software Engineers (SWEs) and Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) to ensure Wells Fargo products and services are always on. This manager will ensure applications on-boarded to SRE are instrumented for full-stack observability, continuous testing, introduce continuous improvement, integrate into IT Service Operations, and share support responsibilities for critical customer journeys, business flows, and applications.
- Launch Wells Fargo Technology Enterprise Functions Technology Site Reliability Engineering practice transforming traditional IT Service Operations culture
- Establish Site Reliability Engineering practices, principles fostering a culture of curiosity, ask questions, challenge assumptions, impact change
- Develop a robust and effective Performance Testing capability, spanning the 900+ applications within the EFT portfolio
- Introduce smart monitoring and observability solutions for 900+ applications
- Work closely with Enterprise Functions Technology leaders, CIOs and Application Development teams to ensure secure and supportable from the start - focusing on Non-Functional Requirements, Chaos Engineering and other modern techniques to ensure all applications and solutions are production-ready and supportable.
- Manage, mentor, inspire a team of up to 40 engineers, from Software Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers.
- Gather requirements and onboard customer journeys to new enterprise observability, CI/CD, continuous testing platforms
- Continuously monitor for automation and improvement to eliminate manual effort
- Launch the error budget, blameless post mortems, and drive remediation through Agile methodology within Enterprise Functions Technology
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience managing software development projects
- 8+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 8+ years of leadership or management experience, in a technology environment
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 8+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 5+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
- 3+ years of managing a 100+ FTE engineering organization
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years software engineering experience as well as demonstrated experience in Application Support and/or Technology Operations.
- Experience managing technology, development and or engineering functions of similar size / scale and scope.
- Demonstrated experience leading technology transformations preferably building and implementing Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Experience in the transformation of traditional technology functions into a service operations culture
- Experience leading teams of technology leaders as well as individual contributors
- Ability to effectively drive and lead operational change in an organization with Wells Fargo's size, scale and complexity
- Demonstrated experience in building, leading, developing and retaining a high performing team of leaders, strong technical experts and high performing professionals in a cultural environment that achieves results through team member engagement and satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to manage a technology efforts across several lines of business and effectively partner/influence at the senior executive level
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the financial, operational, technical and regulatory drivers impacting a complex and dynamic global technology environment
- Ability to develop technology strategy, operating model & roadmaps with clear objectives and aligned with business, enterprise and WFT strategies
- Broad experience across multiple areas of technology including one or more of architecture, infrastructure, application development and engineering.
- Proven experience as a highly effective leader with credibility from demonstrating strong business and technology acumen
- Highly effective decision-making/critical thinking/problem solving skills with a collaborative and results oriented leadership style
- Demonstrated ability to consult with key business partners and translate complex, technical concepts so that they are clearly understood in support of sound decisions to meet business objectives
- Demonstrated experience motivating and influencing groups or individuals across organizational boundaries to gain trust and confidence to make timely decisions
- Proven experience in establishing a vision, developing the strategy to support the vision, gaining consensus across key functional leadership through effective communication, and driving action towards the vision through the effective management of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication (oral and written) with ability to communicate at multiple levels ranging from technologists to senior managers and executive leadership
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.