This job is located in Washington, DC.
Duty calls in the Nation's Capital.
Join the Metropolitan Police Department.
Police Officers will perform the vital public services of preserving the peace, protecting life and property, preventing crime, apprehending criminals, and enforcing the laws and ordinances of the District of Columbia and the United States. No previous law enforcement experience is required to be considered for employment for entry level positions. However, applicants must meet the minimum requirements. Please note that MPD's background process can take up to a year, so please plan accordingly.
· Be at least 21 years of age.
· Be a citizen of the United States.
· Possess a valid U.S. Driver's License.
Requirement(s) for Entry-Level Police Officer :
- Completed one of the following*:
- Successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit with coursework in any subject matter. Credits from any accredited college or university will be accepted; OR
- Served in the Armed Forces of the United States, including the Organized Reserves and National Guard, for at least two years on active duty and, if separated from the military, have received an honorable discharge; OR
- Served at least three years in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality or a state within the United States, and have resigned or retired in good standing.
- If you qualify for an Entry-Level Police Officer, please complete an interest card to begin the process here: https://forms.joinmpd.dc.gov/s3/MPD-Interest-Card