The Practice Management Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Practice Management Specialist in the New York office. The Practice Management Specialist is responsible for assisting the Practice Management Team, Chief Talent Officer and Practice Group Leaders in managing the business operations for the Practice by providing seamless quality service to lawyers and timekeeping staff as well as creating a cohesive team across all offices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing practice group resources by monitoring workflow, tracking availability and vacations, and working with Staffing Partners on associate assignments.
- Developing substantive agendas and presentations for practice group meetings and preparing other practice group communications with Practice Group Leaders.
- Identifying and addressing operational issues to support attorney efficiency.
- Serving as practice liaison with other firm administrative teams to implement firm and practice initiatives.
- Supporting integration initiatives with lateral attorneys.
- Working with Practice Group leadership in development, execution and monitoring of annual Practice Gr oup Business Plan.
- Analyzing practice group’s financial data regularly and providing ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Collaborating with Financial Analysts to prepare monthly financial reports and presentations for practice group meetings.
- Facilitating billing and collection processes by monitoring timekeeping and inventory reports, following up with attorneys as needed and reporting to Practice Group Leaders.
- Facilitating discussions regarding pricing solutions.
Client Matter Development and Management:
- Working with Business Development to identify appropriate resources at all attorney levels for new business initiatives.
- Working with billing partners to track matters against budgets, identify issues and ensure efficient matter management.
- Ensuring appropriate processes are followed for conflicts, risk management and outside counsel guidelines.
- Participating in ongoing data integrity efforts.
Associate Recruitment, Development and Retention:
- Collaborating with Talent Development on all initiatives related to associate development and retention, including mentoring, evaluations, reviews, promotions and practice-specific associate training.
- Identifying gaps in attorney resources and preparing needs analyses to support practice group recruiting efforts.
- Acting as a confidante for attorneys.
- Bachelor‘s degree. Master’s degree or J.D. a plus.
- Relevant Law Firm or professional services, operations and management experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Must possess financial, analytical and project management skills.
- Demonstrates strategic focus, self-motivation, and a drive to action.
- Exceptional client service both internal and external.
- Comfortable working independently as well on a team and has the ability to collaborate effectively across offices and practice areas.
- Ability to build relationships and gain the trust of the attorneys.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the firm.
- Exhibit significant attention to detail and produce high quality deliverables.
- Possess exceptional judgement and professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster .
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.