MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The successful Sr. Pricing Analyst must have strong knowledge of market research resources and financial reporting. The Sr. Analyst will display excellent financial modeling skills and project management skills, as well as strong analytical skills needed for all primary duties of position, including comprehending and communicating data. The ability and willingness to perform detailed analyses independently is required.
Our Client is a Top International AMLaw 100 Firm with a growing Finance and Accounting team.
- Assist in the production of sophisticated financial analyses using both established and new creative approaches
- Prepare robust models and templates to support analysis of a wide array of fee proposals utilizing Firm financial metrics
- Run profitability analyses to help Department Chairs and the New Business Committee to fully evaluate fee proposals and make appropriate business decisions for the Firm
- Run sensitivity analyses to help partners and the New Business Committee understand potential impacts of a change in assumptions
- Assist in the development and implementation of new pricing services and tracking mechanisms to generate new business and manage the success of existing arrangements
- Generate strategic staffing solutions based on different alternative fee arrangements in partnership with the Manager of Pricing and Value
- Communicate with the Pricing Support Group, Legal Project Management, Client Operations and Business Development to discuss pricing strategies, brainstorm creative fee proposals, and optimize efficiencies
- Contribute to the creation and automation of matter budgets in collaboration with the Legal Project Management team and matter management initiatives
- Assist with the implementation of Firm's new billing and financial system, including matter lifecycle project and setting rack and client exception rates
- Develop a strong understanding of the Firm's departments, practice groups, and clients to help develop strategic planning and pricing initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of in-depth knowledge of pricing and budgeting at AmLaw 200 law firm required.
- Proven ability to identify and analyze issues and problems and to work towards solutions.
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and sound political acumen, with professional persistence. Ability to deal with all levels of legal, management, and support staff in a highly effective and professional manner. Ability to effectively persuade for compliance with programs or necessary information sharing.
- Advanced knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts and ability to apply this knowledge to large volumes of data to reach meaningful conclusions.
- Strong technical orientation, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with aptitude and willingness to learn and adapt to evolving technologies as appropriate.
- Competitive compensation package
- End of Year Bonus Eligibility
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Competitive 401K Contribution