Principal Consultant- Application Infrastructure Engineer
Location: NY, US
With a startup spirit and 90,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Are you the one that we are looking for!
Inviting applications for the role of Principal Consultant- Application Infrastructure Engineer
In this role, The Infrastructure Engineer team member is a highly visible/critical role. You will join a team of technical SME’S dedicated to improving stability and performance of the Wealth Management systems; passionate about analyzing data, supporting application and system outages and providing mentorship to solve complex issues. As a team member producing documentation of standards and procedures, products assessments, knowledge base and training material working with the various application and infrastructure support teams is crucial. To support Engineer using Agile Methodology and should have an end to end understanding of business use cases, to transform them into an effective and strategic solution. Work with business people to have a real time problem and, craft the solution which really fits into client needs.
- Working closely with operations teams and engineering teams to identify root cause of application issues and providing standard methodology guidelines for recurrence prevention
- Design and implement automated monitoring strategy across critical processes, systems, and interfaces; identify the accurate routing for each alert and establish thresholds for immediate notification
- Identify and lead availability, stability, and reliability improvement projects
- New technologies and practices to further improve team capabilities and own skills
- BE/B Tech/M Tech/MCA/BCA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, Telecommunications or related Engineering degree
- Experience as Systems Engineer with excellent problem solving skills
- Experience in using tools to collect logs, thread, memory and heap dumps, provide root cause analysis based on collected data
- Log analysis with tools like logparser, Splunk, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc. for performance turning, troubleshooting and trending, capacity analysis
- In-depth knowledge in Linux OS in Enterprise environment, experience coordinating RHEL or similar *nix OS with focus on Apache and Tomcat configuration
- Ability to understand application code, experience in common scripting languages as well as generic programming languages
- Experience with Java development including Java EE, Spring, Struts as well as deploying and maintaining applications on Apache, Tomcat and IBM WebSphere platforms, including good understanding of Garbage Collection process and optimization
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP network transport and related protocols, including HTTP; network device management ex. load balancers, proxies, firewalls; analysis of network packet captures
- Knowledge of network security, including but not limited to X.509 Certificates, PKI, SSL/TLS, Kerberos/SPNEGO
- Strong familiarity with database server implementations including DB2, MS SQL, Sybase and write SQL statements
- Knowledge of Virtualization and Storage Area Networks is a bonus
Genpact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Genpact is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, client focus, and innovation.