MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Product Development Manager will be an industry expert in the home décor and fixtures space. They will lead a small team and actively participate at every stage of the product development cycle starting at market research, conception, design, sample production testing, and mass production testing.
International, market leading, home décor and fixture manufacturer.
- Support the conceptualization, development, and launch of new products; identify new opportunities in market; improve existing products based on client and consumer direct feedback
- Develop, evolve, and manage efficient project workflows to ensure Product Development team members are organized; ensure objectives of multiple time-lines are being addressed and completed
- Create and strengthen vendor relationships to prioritize product engineering, innovation, and safety
- Research and work with vendor to understand complete technical functionality of all products
- Ensure product specifications, quality, and safety are in compliance of legal, industry, and company standards
- Conduct market and consumer research; monitor and analyze current trends
- Evaluate market competition by comparing company's products to competitor's products
- Partner with Product Design to review specification drawings and provide feedback based on research
- Partner with Graphics team to create accurate product instruction manuals, labels, and packaging; understand the process of graphic design and the construction of packaging and print production
- Partner with Production & Sourcing teams; understand manufacturing process
- Keep abreast of new technologies in industry
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years+ experience in product development, preferably in lighting or kitchen and bath products
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Bilingual proficiency in Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, and/or French (+BONUS)
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening (interpersonal/communication) skills
Excellent compensation package