Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings, we are seeking an experienced Purchasing Coordinator with print knowledge preferred for our Jersey City, NJ envelope manufacturing facility.
An Associate degree is required with an emphasis on Business, Supply Chain Management, or other related area. We will consider experience in lieu of an Associate's degree. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of similar experience in a production environment
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South America and Central America.
Cenveo provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401k, as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other benefit plans.
Administers any aspect of purchasing goods and services while assuming responsibility for purchased finished goods inventory held at suppliers. This involves assisting in materials management as it relates to planning, procurement, storage, control, and distribution of materials, optimizing logistics, as well as making recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Maintain optimum inventory level for all raw materials; place special orders as needed.
- Analyze quotations and assures vendor capabilities. Solicits bids, develops alternate sources and evaluates vendor performance. May negotiate with, and select, vendors.
- Procure quality materials, supplies, finished goods, and services at most favorable price consistent with production and delivery specification requirements.
- Coordinate and validate accuracy of receiving reports.
- Review, and may approve, requisitions and PO's.
- Administer purchasing department policies and procedures.
- May coordinate the disposal of waste/recyclable material.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Included functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- An Associate degree is required with an emphasis on Business, Supply Chain Management, or other related area. We will consider experience in lieu of an Associate's degree.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive levels of responsibility in manufacturing, distribution and supply chain functions, with specific focus on forecasting and planning in a process-manufacturing environment for a significant period.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative through knowledge and experience, sense of urgency, and solid initiative.
- Ability to manage/develop a cross functional team and problem solve.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards is required.
- Consistent coordination, communication and/or team problem solving between departments, other plants, or functional areas for work production or service quality.
- Interaction with all levels of management, the sales organization, customers, and outside vendors.
- Environment is typically general office, though the incumbent may spend periods of time in the manufacturing environments with exposure to dust, dirt, high noise levels and variations in temperature. The incumbent is expected to know and follow all safety rules for the environment.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly utilize written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- This position requires the incumbent to experience periods of prolonged sitting and to regularly stand, walk, carry, climb, reach, and lift up to 35 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the utilization of color vision.
Cenveo is an EEO Employer