A Non Profit Pension and Fund Company is seeking an Associate Trainer for a 4 month maternity leave. This is a remote position. The hourly rate is between $35 to $45 depending on experience
Temp Assignment- Associate Trainer
Manager of Training & Quality Assurance
This position reports to the Manager of Operational Training and Quality Assurance. The Associate Trainer develops a broad and deep understanding of firm’s business goals and makes connections to those in the learning strategy. He/she is skilled at analyzing and integrating information and making sound decisions. The role requires collaboration with subject matter experts and others at the strategic level. The Associate Trainer leads large projects and processes. The Associate Trainer may take a primary role in coaching and mentoring more junior trainers.
The Associate Trainer’s main responsibility is to design and develop training curriculum for new and existing firm’s representatives. S/he will use their business knowledge and learning and development experience to design and develop performance support materials that meet the ever-changing business demands.
S/he be required to effectively coach and manage project team resources, interact with business partners, create and monitor project plans, manage multiple priorities, and participate in train-the-trainers and pilot programs. S/he must possess solid writing skills and have a solid understanding of adult learning. S/he also must be comfortable managing and meeting deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Establish project plans and produce deliverables for multiple projects
· Balance and prioritize multiple projects
· Gauge project deliverables to meet goals and deadlines
· Design a range of learning material, such as facilitator guides, online training, manager-led training, self study guides, case studies and evaluations
· Foster relationships in and out of the department
· Build an informal network of people who can provide information and support needed to complete project tasks
· Facilitate many meetings with a range of business partners
· Demonstrate a range of communication styles when working with others
· Find imaginative ways to communicate content knowledge
· Provide feedback on other team members materials/contributions including subject matter experts
· Assist the Quality Team with quality reviews, targeted audits, and peer-to-peer reviews
· Work well individually and in a team environment
· Demonstrate creativity and innovation while solving problems
· Combination of knowledge of Medical, Pension and Life Insurance products preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· 5+ years experience in the learning and development field
· Instructional design skills required
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Operational and call center background a plus
· Financial services industry knowledge a plus
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA\BS or combination of education and experience preferred
· 3+ years in assisting the client engagement or service management process for financial service organizations, serving Business to Consumer and Business to Business client bases.