Job Description Summary
Required Education: New York State RN License and Bachelor’s Degree required
Required Experience2+ years RN experience in medical / surgical / geriatric / LTC / ambulatory care
Preferred Experience2+ years previous work experience in Quality and Risk Management in a hospital setting conducting peer reviews
1.Collaborate with the Nurse Director to develop an effective quality monitoring program
2.Provide QA training to the Nurse Assessors, RN Monitors, and the QA staff in order that quality actions are incorporated into their daily practice
3.Collect data related to assessments and assessment outcomes
4.Examine cases at random for completeness, accuracy and consistency
5.Examines data for outliers and researches such cases
6.Analyze UAS recommended scores in relation to Nurse Assessor determinations
7.Develops / completes reports that track and trend activities / outcomes
8.Acts as an advisor to UAS staff on all QA and Compliance issues related to the UAS project.
9.Attend Fair Hearing cases and prepare case packets, as required
10.Frequent travel is required
11.Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
12.Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Nurse Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply knowledge of QMS processes and document control to meet the compliance of ISO 9001 business needs.
- Ensure activities and processes comply with ISO 9001 QMS standards, company QA standards and applicable contractual standards.
- Perform analysis and identify trends in the review of performance standards, work instructions, and policies and procedures; and recommend Opportunities for Improvement and Corrective and Preventative Action plans when necessary.
- Ensure that established performance standards, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed.
- Train staff for the purpose of achieving and maintaining Quality Assurance goals.
- Coordinate and perform ISO based internal audits.
- Develop and maintain reports based on audit findings.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventive action plans based on audit findings.
- Develop other routine and ad-hoc reports when necessary.
- Develop updates and maintain quality manuals, and policies and procedures manuals.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contribute to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicate on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.