Job Description Summary
Required Education:RN License; Bachelor’s Degree required
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in Nursing or Education
Required Experience:3+ years RN experience in medical / surgical / geriatric / LTC / ambulatory care/Home Health/Training
Preferred Experience:2+ years previous work experience in Quality and Risk Management in a hospital setting conducting peer reviews, UAS Audits; Training clinical staff
Required Skills:Technological skills; strong analytical skills; detail and solution oriented; ability to work independently; excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills; and ability to use spreadsheet and database software.
Preferred Skills:Proficiency with technology, Microsoft Office Suite and database software
1.Collaborates with the QA Manager and Nurse Director to maintain an effective quality monitoring program and promotes Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI).
2.Manages Quality Assurance staff inclusive of hiring, training, evaluating and developing staff.
3.Collects data related to all types of reviews completed by the department.
4.Conducts various type of reviews and charts for completeness, accuracy and consistency
5.Collects and documents report data for tracking and trending of activities and outcomes
6.Ensures staff are provided with updates related to changes for the various types of reviews completed for the CFEEC project
7.Acts as an advisor to Quality Assurance staff on all QA and Compliance issues related to the CFEEC project
8.Monitors Fair Hearing activities to ensure compliance with established standards
9.Provides training to new staff in the Quality Assurance department
10.Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position
11.Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Nurse Director or the QA Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply knowledge of QMS processes and document control to meet the compliance of ISO 9001 business needs.
- Ensure activities and processes comply with ISO 9001 QMS standards, company QA standards and applicable contractual standards.
- Perform analysis and identify trends in the review of performance standards, work instructions, and policies and procedures; and recommend Opportunities for Improvement and Corrective and Preventative Action plans when necessary.
- Ensure that established performance standards, sampling and statistical process control procedures are followed.
- Train staff for the purpose of achieving and maintaining Quality Assurance goals.
- Coordinate and perform ISO based internal audits.
- Develop and maintain reports based on audit findings.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventive action plans based on audit findings.
- Develop other routine and ad-hoc reports when necessary.
- Develop updates and maintain quality manuals, and policies and procedures manuals.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
- General application of concepts & principles.
- Contribute to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Apply knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Communicate on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.