TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
MUST HAVE PROVEN FLATBED EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Regional VP of Business Development working remotely covering NJ, DE & E. PA.
The primary function of a Regional VP of Business Development is to be an account management leader with focus on development of external accounts with potential revenues with a minimum of $1,000,000 annually. This is an individual contributor role responsible for bringing in and closing strategic new business along with assisting the branch network in sourcing. The role will primarily sell to executive level potential and existing customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish relationships with clients and industry experts to maintain up to date knowledge of the market in order to stay competitive and to be most effective in a selling environment
- Identify, maintain, and manage current strategic accounts for growth and development
- Meet or exceed sales standards set by Company annually
- Up to 75% travel required
- Assist with building a support team to manage the accounts day-to-day business growth
- Work directly with Vice President as well as engaging with the General Manager in designated branch by supporting network opportunities and LSR sales development
- Assist VP's, GM's, carrier services team, and CSS teams by engaging in and interacting with trucking companies to help support carrier/capacity development
- Individual Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) will rely on growth goals in volume, revenue, and gross profit
- Maintain complete knowledge of client base in assigned geographic area while working to maximize profitability by balancing client mix based on aggregate network value
- Identify, attend, and represent company at industry events/associations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Transportation or Logistics and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years outside sales experience in the Transportation Industry, FLATBED A MUST
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Exercise excellent planning and organizing skills, be attentive to detail, and problem solving skills
- Strong decision making skills - collecting required data to balance both long and short term objectives
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical requirements and work environment described is representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this position
- Must be able to travel up to 75%
- Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment.