Title: Manufacturing Technician I
Location: Los Angeles, California
Duration: 6 Months (Possible extension)
One shift has opened up.
WEN Shift (Saturday/Sunday + 3rd day 10pm to 10am)
Safety boots required prior to NEO training.
• Clean manufacturing and associated support areas.
• Clean production equipment.
• Provide critical process monitoring, if qualified and trouble-shooting of minor problems.
• Provide support to Manufacturing operators and may make decisions on product acceptability.
• Follow departmental safety procedures, may conduct cGMP audits of department areas.
• Perform removal of hazardous waste.
• Train other technicians, if qualified and required.
• Perform the operations he/she is qualified on, which may include the following
o Process Monitoring
o Buffer/Solution make up
o Set up and operation of various equipment
o Centrifugation and Filter Press operations
o Other activities as determined by the supervision
• Perform precipitate and paste collection from Westfalias, Filter presses, and/or processing of frozen plasma.
• Perform alcohol and or buffer additions.
• Must have general working knowledge of how to operate, clean, and set up Westfalia centrifuges and filter presses.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and understanding of cGMP regulations.
• Proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
• Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions.
• May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
• Must be able to perform all three step and five step cleaning as per the current equipment cleaning procedure at the plant.
• Must have general knowledge of how to perform additions, weigh up solutions using portable and floor scales, and properly package and contain precipitates and paste.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills
• Must have good computer skills.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Some Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs, safely and correctly.
• In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work, walking and standing.
• Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
• No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
• May work in a cold and/or wet environment.
• May work in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
• Will work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and celite that may require respiratory protection.
• Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
• May be required to work in a confined area.
• Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.