Our partners, some of the most prestigious hospitals and medical facilities located in the New York Metropolitan area, have numerous temporary openings for Registered Nurses with Hospital or Clinic experience to work in out-patient settings. Most schedules are Monday thru Friday, say goodbye to holidays and weekends!
Position Summary - Under direction, assists physicians with patient care, health education/promotion, electronic medical record (EMR) chart management, coordination of patient care and clinical protocols as needed
· Records medical information within the patients’ electronic medical record as instructed by the physician.
· Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately. Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
· If applicable, assesses patient eligibility and reviews patient medical history for inclusion in clinical studies.
· Attends workshops, seminars and/or conferences to keep abreast of standards and best practices within the field. Disseminates information to colleagues and/or staff as appropriate.
· If applicable, reviews and completes protocol history sheets, flow sheets, study follow-up reports and patient evaluation forms. Prepares and amends IRB protocols, consent forms and research documents.
· Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
· Participates in safety programs and orientation of new staff. Assists in reviewing and revising policies and procedures.
· Establishes priorities for nursing care through patient assessment and develops nursing care plans. Prepares equipment and assists provider during examination, testing, and treatment of patients as needed.
· Ensures infection control compliance within the practice.
· Coordinates multidisciplinary health care services and arranges diagnostic tests as ordered by physicians. Performs inpatient diagnostic testing, therapeutic, and interventional procedures as needed.
· As needed, administers appropriate injections and medications as ordered by medical providers in compliance with state law and clinic guidelines. Educates patients and staff on pharmacological/drug effects and protocol requirements, if applicable.
· Triages patient inquiries and communicates test results.
· May be responsible for the precertification and preauthorization of prescriptions and for calling in prescription refills.
You MUST possess the following:
* NY RN license
* Current CPR card
* Malpractice Insurance
* MINIMUM of one year PAID experience
- Excellent Hourly Rate
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Schedules
- Sign on Bonus
- Referral Bonus
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Transit Check
- Affordable Health Insurance
Winston Medical Staffing has been in business for over 50 years, since 1967, and is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Health Care Staffing Service.