Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Enterprise Functions Technology organization provides technology to several lines of businesses including Risk, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal with a combined technology spending in excess of $500+MM annually and is a 1100+ person global organization.
The Compliance Technology team is seeking a Software Engineer with experience analyzing, documenting and mitigating technology related risk. The position will serve as a specialist in supporting technologies around vendor tools. The engineer will perform security assessments, evaluate risk derived from engaging third party vendors and document exceptions triggered by those risks.
This position is a key element to our team structure and acts as an integration point that links our onshore and offshore technology partners to support and improve technology processes.
- Provides guidance and direction on risk related topics.
- Working with other technology teams across the enterprise to ensure compliance
- Participates in creating project, application and support documentation
- Works on the most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors.
- Leads complex analysis efforts.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- Acts in a lead technical role providing technical guidance and consultation with application teams, clients, and Engineering Managers for their technology domain environments including but not limited to cloud, middleware, operating systems, applications, Software-as-a-Service, and Platform-as-a-Service products.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Provides the strategy and design for projects associated with their technology domain including, upgrades and deployments.
- Utilizes advanced technologies and methods to integrate their technology domain with other technology domains, enabling the creation of new or expanded heterogeneous environments.
- Develops new documentation and departmental technical procedures.
- Directs the gathering of performance statistics to assist in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability targets.
- As an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Leads projects and manages the work of less experienced staff.
- Leads projects and as an escalation point, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported technology domain.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience performing risk assessments
- 3+ years of risk management and mitigation experience
- 3+ years of vendor management experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of business systems analysis or design experience
- 3+ years of business continuity planning experience
- 3+ years of brokerage or wealth management experience
- 2+ years of budget management experience
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- SQL experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ total years with working with business partners to breakdown requirements, manage technology delivery, educate the business on technology options, lead enterprise level initiatives and ensure that expectations are set and delivered on time and budget.
- 3+ years of experience with Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management routines
- 3+ years of experience with Multi-Tier / Real-Time
- 3+ years of Automated Scheduling (like batch/Autosys) and file transfer protocols
- 2+ years as part of a continuous integration and delivery team
- Experience working with Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and exercise
- Experience working with onsite/offshore teams
- Past project experience using agile/scrum/ SAFE is highly desired
- Knowledge at translating Business Requirements into reusable and performant design/architecture
- Must be able to provide examples that they have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple technology initiatives at the same time.
- A detailed, logical thinker, problem solver & team player
- Wells Fargo application development and/or production support experience
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.