The RVP, Consumer Industries will build out and lead a national team of high visibility, quota carrying, sales hunters within the Consumer Packed Goods (CPG) vertical. The region will contain some of the largest, global, CPG organizations based here in the United States. Proactively providing leadership and guidance to a geographically dispersed sales team, while developing sales strategies in alignment with strategic priorities and annual revenue targets. Ensuring ongoing coaching and training to secure quota attainment and overall market penetration. Strong business acumen and the ability to quickly assess and understand a prospect or customer’s business environment and needs and apply the business value of Company.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Building and scaling all aspects of the Consumer Industries Vertical, including CPG, Hospitality, Restaurant, Grocery, and traditional Retail
- Lead, inspire, and drive a talented team of hunters to meet or exceed assigned revenue targets
- Setting strategic direction of the team, including setting quotas, assigning account coverage, and sales forecasting
- Define CPG pipeline management cadence and growth plans
- Continuous coaching and guidance to the team in alignment with the adopted sales playbook and methodologies at Company
- Build talent pipeline; coach, train, inspire, and grow sales team
- Effectively provide senior deal support to the team during complex negotiations with prospective clients and partners
- Effectively forecast business, and accurately represent your business to senior leadership
- 10+ years of complex software sales experience
- 3 - 5 years of leading sales teams with proven success in achieving revenue targets
- Experience and passion for selling to the Consumer Industries vertical preferred
- True player/coach mentality, and proven ability to inspire team members
- Excellent business strategy instincts; able to perform in a competitive, changing environment
- Matrix team player with ability to coordinate and leverage internal teams and resources (Sales Engineers, Technical Architects, Product Marketers, etc.)
- Experience working with and expanding partner ecosystem, including value added resellers.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques; Challenger, Miller-Heiman, etc.
- Success in agile, high-growth, company environments strongly preferred