Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
The New York City Area territory currently has an opportunity for a Sales Ambassador. The Sales Ambassador operates as primary account sales management contact with customer accounts with a focus to improve economic profitability, increase customer loyalty, secure retention, and drive value expansion and sales in all existing accounts and new accounts. The Sales Ambassador will sell molecular lab tests and FISH Oncology Probe products and oncology medical devices to hospital labs, reference labs, and research labs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Be the representative of Abbott and the Abbott Molecular Division (AMD) brand to the customer with emphasis on laboratory management. Will interact with Acquisition and Sales Specialist teams, Area/ Regional Marketing, Customer Support Center, Technical Service, and Finance. This position is a very visible and will influence customer purchase decisions.
- Act as trusted partner to existing customers.
- Build, promote, and achieve targeted retention rate.
- Manage and drive development of accounts according to strategic account plan (e.g., value expansion and economic profitability).
- Deliver first line support and technical troubleshooting and elevate Level 2+ issues to service specialist to minimize overall cost to serve and coordinate order, delivery, and billing.
- Makes decision on reagent utilization on integrations and troubleshooting product replacement that impacts annual supply budget. Considers financial and customer implications as part of decision-making.
- Communication of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns.
- Exhibits high level of integrity and honesty; keeping commitments and presenting information completely and accurately to both internal and external customers.
- Monitor and maintains customer satisfaction through direct contact.
- Adheres to Abbott safety guidelines, policies, and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment.
- Extensive Travel: Must be able to 75% within assigned territory and other locations within the USA for business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology Preferred.
- Lab Experience in Molecular or FISH Cytogenetic Testing Preferred.
- Previous sales experience is preferred but not required.
- Cytotechnology lab experience preferred or current/previous professional experience in laboratory environment, field service, or technical call center.
- Experience providing technical product application and/or hardware support.
- Experience interfacing with customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills; internet savvy.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Negotiation skills.
- Commitment to a superior customer experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.