Siemens Mobility is hiring for a Sales Director with focused efforts on our relationship with MTA. This role works with senior management to help own the strategy for offers, partnerships, contracts and other sophisticated sales-related scenarios required to achieve short- and long-term objectives with NYCT, LIRR, MNR, and PATH.
Our team orchestrates the development of sales proposals for projects and service opportunities in alignment with the sales strategy. We develop sales strategies to protect and expand Siemens' share in transit market. You should understand technology and systems concepts, regulating authorities, code requirements, and other MTA specific factors. We'd love to have you join our team where Siemens is among the Top 100 Employers associated with Diversity & Inclusion in the United States!
Areas of Responsibility:
- Work under the mentorship of senior management, executive team (both US and German), legal, engineering and R&D to develop strategies for commercial and technical success with the MTA
- Build relationships with contacts across the partner network in the passenger rail market.
- Supervise opportunity pipeline (short and long term), evaluate and communicate market trends to help set-up current a future sales strategy
- Develop understanding of different signaling technologies and the ability to understand customer benefits and apply the best solution for given application.
- Ensures and actively participates in the development of project estimates and proposals by analyzing drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation in order to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services for the railroad and rail transit signal system market.
- Understand and drive the review of contractual requirements and technical specifications to determine winning sales approach.
Required Education and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area led and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact. Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
15+ years of hands-on successful experience in rail signaling related project bidding and proposal management (preferably in NYC) and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical preferred.
- Mathematical proficiencies including financial analysis.
- Ability to travel as the need arises.
- Provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate outstanding oral and written communicative skills.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and interpersonal skills, even while working under time pressures and constant interruptions.
- Work well independently and as part of team demonstrating support for team decisions.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.