Sales Executive / Account Executive – International Freight Forwarding
Are you an established Sales Executive / Account Executive within the International Logistics / Freight Forwarding Industry? Are you seeking a new environment with a healthy base salary combined with uncapped commissions and a strong benefits plan? Would you like to join an organization that values both managing existing accounts AND new business development? If the above sounds like you, our client has a newly created Sales Executive / Account Executive position that could be an excellent career move. The Sales Executive / Account Executive is responsible for securing new business as well as growing existing clients through effective prospecting, penetrating, negotiating, and retaining customer accounts. The Sales Executive / Account Executive is expected to perform core-selling activities, including call preparation, price negotiation, execution of sales calls, post-call analysis, and reporting. The Sales Executive / Account Executive will work directly with the operations team to overcome customer hurdles and brainstorm solutions to generate additional revenue opportunities. If you're passionate about sales, a true “hunter” with high ambition and self-motivation, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties for the Sales Executive / Account Executive
Working under the direction of the Vice President of National Sales, the Sales Executive / Account Executive will have the following main responsibilities:
- Grow the company's air and ocean freight business/services in an assigned territory, by corporate objectives.
- Find & develop qualified leads (cold calling), then convert them through the sales process into prospects and customers.
- Continuously keep the sales pipeline full with deals at various types and stages, including fresh/new (qualified) leads/introductions, mid and late stage sales life cycle targets.
- The Sales Executive / Account Executive will perform regular visits to qualified prospects and customers to drive the business and grow the company's revenue, market share and profitability within the International Freight Forwarding (both ocean cargo and air cargo).
- Collaborate with Operations to establish standard operating procedures (SOP's) for meeting customer expectations.
- Identify account decliners and gainers to develop strategies for winning back business and promoting future growth.
- Ability to build relationships and drive revenue using virtual selling tools such as Zoom / Skype, etc.
- Ability to perform successfully from your home office.