At Macy’s, Inc., diversity and inclusion is a core tenant of our brand values and essential to our business. The Macy’s Diversity & Inclusion team is focused on achieving best-in-class status. To support our mission to embed D & I into our business strategy, we are looking for strategic, innovative and driven leaders to develop and shape this important work.
Reporting to the Chief Diversity Officer, the Senior Director, Marketing will serve as the multicultural/diversity marketing subject matter expert, and be responsible for developing, executing and sustaining multicultural marketing initiatives that help strengthen the Macy’s Inc. brand enterprise wide. The candidate will build relationships with and help to educate stakeholders about multicultural audiences and best practices to ensure meaningful, consistent, credible customer connects and strengthen the brand. The candidate should be knowledgeable and have strong awareness of the histories and trends impacting diverse audiences and multicultural communities. They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that enables them to contribute to the overall brand strategy and effectiveness.
Join us on our journey as we become a beacon of diversity and inclusion for our colleagues, customers and communities by embedding D&I into how we think, act and operate. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is located in New York City, NY.
- Develop and execute an ongoing campaign strategy to promote the holistic Diversity & Inclusion strategy/function.
- Develop and manage programs end-to-end including planning, execution, reporting, and analysis
- Create detailed multicultural/diverse go to market plan by prioritizing and translating business opportunities, marketing goals, D&I priorities and information into strategic concepts, research/consumer insights, voice guidelines, messaging and rationale.
- Develop and partner to execute holistic marketing and branding strategies for Pride and all heritage and cultural celebrations: integrate D&I focus areas, Colleague, Customer, Supplier and Community.
- Develop toolkits and frameworks for internal and external groups to help deepen understanding of brand goals and expectations Work closely with Chief Diversity Officer to ensure strategy, brand messaging and integrated communication channel needs are clearly communicated and understood.
- Partner closely with marketing, especially the Parade and Entertainment team, to ensure that all aspects of the Thanksgiving Parade, Flower Show, July 4, and Holiday promotions are reflective of company position on D&I, relevant, inclusive and drive meaningful connection with multicultural/diverse audiences.
- Work cross-functionally to execute on plans with various teams within Macy’s Inc.
- Engage with leads of D&I focus areas and business leaders to ensure our multicultural/diverse strategy, brand strategy, employer branding and community investment efforts are cohesive and effective.
- Ensure appropriate measures are in place to evaluate performance and progress toward strategic goals.
- Engage external business, agency and industry experts/partners to learn and influence strategies.
- Remain culturally astute and abreast of trends; articulate unique aspects and impact on marketing strategy to key stakeholders. Plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns, promotions, and special initiatives.
- May require some travel
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- BA or BS degree required in Business, Marketing, Strategy, Business Communications or 8+ years of equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of Leadership including experience aligning cross-functional teams to execute marketing plans
- Experience creating budgets and cost of campaigns
- A strong understanding of retail business a plus
- Experience in developing diversity marketing programs multi-brand environments
- Experience in multicultural marketing and cultural fluency
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine areas of improvements
- Experience in consumer marketing, either in-house or at an advertising agency
• Experience working directly with media, creative, product, and PR teams to partner on campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication presentation, project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to develop and evaluate creative concepts and drive to execution.
- This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
- May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
- Strong leadership presence; ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Passionate for social justice, with a comfort level communicating with people across various cultures and beliefs.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Solid experience working with and interpreting marketing analytics and reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.