As a Senior Low Latency Systems Engineer and Architect, the candidate with join a team of 40 Low Latency staff located around the world, bringing their skills and experience to Design and Build of Low Latency Infrastructure solutions for Equities, Fixed Income and Wealth Management customers within Clients orgnaization This role also focuses on devising and implementing automation and operational enhancements of the Low Latency, HFT and other bespoke platforms as well as a number of other strategic architecture initiatives globally.
The role will require service management of the following services in a global capacity:
- Ultra and Low Latency Hosting Service
- Low Latency Market Data and Order Execution Service
- Client Onboarding and Connectivity Service
- Application Latency Monitoring and Reporting Service
- Performance and Monitoring Engineering
Required Experience and Skills:
- Candidate must possess a minimum of 10 plus year experience in a live environment including:
- 7 years of managing systems in electronic trading environment, preferably in Low Latency
- Experience with Low Latency technologies (water-cooled, overclocked servers; FPGA implementation; Microwaves; high performance Ethernet and non-Ethernet networking technologies)
- Red Hat RPM package creation and repository management
- Using scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with Puppet expected, experience with Foreman and Ansible is a plus
- Strong understanding of high performance Storage Products, both local (NVMe, Optane) and SAN (flash array)
- Strong grasp of automation, performance and monitoring products.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Core system services: Sendmail, Postfix, Rsync, NTP, PTP, NFS, Kerberos and Active Directory authentication on Linux, etc
- System and Application Logging: rsyslog, Splunk, etc.
- Experience of version control with git
- Experience with Jenkins a plus
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Lead technology best practice to ensure systems uptime is maintained
- Take turns on 24/7 on call rota supporting business critical applications and systems
- Experience of SRE (site reliability engineer) role is a plus
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.