URGENT NEED - Senior Network Design Engineer SME with 12+ years of experience!!!
Third Party C2C Recruiters - Please Note: This is a senior level Network DESIGN Engineer - please don't submit candidates with less than 12 years of experience mentioned below.
Duration: 12 months + contract (High visibility of conversion into Permanent or further annual extensions)
Location: Brooklyn, NY (#Remote work allowed only during pandemic. Prefer LOCAL candidates who can work ONSITE after pandemic)
The Senior Network Design Engineer SME will be responsible for leading architecture and detailed network design activities associated with Client's system transformation program.
* Evaluate and recommend network architecture solutions based on performance, stability, availability, cost efficiency, and development requirements needed to support new applications and the users in 9-1-1 call taking and dispatch environment.
* Work with vendor(s) and project manager(s) to develop, review, and update network architecture standards related to the overall system architecture, LAN/WAN and VoIP design.
* Collaborate with and advise colleagues on policies, procedures, and best practices for network infrastructure design and implementation.
* Consult with and advise users of various technology infrastructure high availability designs and architecture models.
* Generate conceptual, logical, and physical network architectures, test plans, requirements and use cases to ensure the design and delivery of network LAN/WAN architecture that conforms to application and user requirements.
* Assist the program team with the design, procurement, configuration, testing, cutover, and reporting activities.
* Develop and coordinate system lifecycle management with IT Services including developing or reviewing asset configuration and security for the network system.
* Manage the implementation and execution of the requirements management process, including elicitation and verification
* Min 12 years' experience in a particular technical and/or business application, product, platform or methodology.
* At least 8 years of hands-on experience at senior level as a Network Design Engineer SME
* Extensive experience in the following technology areas: Cisco Nexus and Catalyst Switches, F5 LTM/GTM solutions.
* Advanced troubleshooting skills in the following Routing protocols; BGP, EIGRP and OSPF.
* Advanced design and implementation skills in the following protocols; IPv6, QoS, SIP, and Multicast.
* Knowledge of VoIP systems designs and implementations.
* Understanding of NENA i3 standards as it relates to Network Designs.
* CCIE certification or equivalent network system integration experience.
* A good understanding of Oracle SBC and B2BUA configurations and reference architectures.
* Python, XML, JSON scripting will be considered a plus.
* Experience in Firewall technology particularly Palo Alto Networks is a plus.