Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will be an integral member of their team. The ideal candidate will develop tools to increase customer satisfaction, improve data governance processes, make self-service tools to capture, augment and ultimately share data in a reusable fashion.
We are seeking:
● An individual with strong analytical aptitude and programming skills
● An ambitious self-starter who strives for results and performs well under pressure
● Driven to continually learn new programming techniques, technologies and methods
● Creative with a passion for innovation and a willingness to utilize disruptive technology
● Eager to solve complex problems with elegant software solutions
● Familiar with test driven development and good engineering practices
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or related field
● 10+ years of applicable industry experience
● Experience with web development, web services, and database technologies, e.g. RESTful APIs, web interfaces, and socket based client/servers.
● Experience in taking part in technical discussions including but not limited to code reviews, and build/release management.
● Experience in work with UNIX systems to configure new and existing software packages for security, performance and maintainability.
● Experience in building proper production, development, and integration environments and assists in unit/functional, regression, and system testing.
● Strong portfolio of completed work
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset:
● Experience working in a hospital or other healthcare setting
● Knowledge of basic science (biology, genomics, etc.)
● Knowledge of basic data science (statistics, regression analysis, basic ML) or willing to learn.
● Experience in software development with Python (or willing to learn).
● A strong design sensibility for user interfaces and data presentation
● Ability to build real-time data pipelines using open-source cluster frameworks (e.g., Apache Spark and Kafka)
● Capable of applying machine learning techniques to various technology stacks
Job # 20-00218