Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a leader in creating immersive, rigorous digital learning experiences that look great, play great, and help students expect great things of themselves. They’ve been described as the best tech company in education, and the best education company in tech.
In this role, you will join a talented team tackling the toughest problems in education with the best ideas in technology – including user experience, APIs and services, data analysis, and deployment pipelines. You’ll play an active role in imagining and improving product design and the classroom experience.
We hire engineers “for the slope, not the intercept” – we’re looking for intellectual ability, flexibility and ability to learn, and commitment to work together in tight-knit teams.
What You’ll Do
- Impress the toughest customers around – seventh graders – by:
- designing and building engaging, quirky, fast frontends using frameworks like Angular and React
- Make life better for passionate, overworked teachers by:
- architecting apps that meet the ultimate reliability and uptime challenge for digital tools – is this better than paper?
- building well structured and documented RESTful APIs so that their apps can share data with ease
- designing tools, workflows, and culture to ship code from your laptop to classrooms frequently and confidently
- Help school administrators build great schools by:
- building data pipelines that respect privacy and ensure security while offering useful insights
- implementing code that runs great across platforms under variable memory and network constraints
- analyzing performance and squashing tricky bugs using tools like New Relic, Splunk, Alert Logic, and AWS CloudWatch
- Learn every day by:
- leading collaboration, pull request-ing, and mentoring on a cross-functional team
- participating in cross-team share-outs, brownbags, and workshop series