Service Desk analyst (Experienced supporting a Law Firm)
4pm-12am Mon to Friday shift
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, the Help Desk Analyst position involves extensive team and customer interaction, maintaining positive contact with attorneys and support staff and observing confidentiality of personnel and Firm matters. Performs problem analysis to resolve system or application issues. Performs complex diagnosis of problems, providing solutions within area of responsibility, and/or through consulting with IT team members; coordinates implementation of fixes and enhancements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as initial point of contact for telephone and e-mail inquiries on the Firm's software applications, hardware, printers and remote technologies directed to the Information Technology department.
* Patience, a positive customer service oriented attitude and the ability to work as a member of a team are required.
* Ability to handle work that may require a high level of mental effort and strain when performing a high volume of tasks and other essential duties.
* Strong personal organization, time management, planning and project coordination.
* Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
* Follow up on calls escalated to Interdepartmental teams.
* Provide onsite desktop support to users on a regular basis.
* Respond to occasional after-hours/emergency support requests as needed.
* Responsible for installing and maintaining all end user IT equipment. This includes personal computers, laptops, printers, electronic devices and the software that runs on these systems.
* Maintain accurate records of all maintenance, inventory and security measures associated with the Firm's inventory.
* Ability to lift and carry 50lb servers.
* It is expected that the Analyst will stay current with technological developments in software/hardware, systems and application support, as well as management and user support practices. This includes reading publications, participating in mail lists and on-line communities, attending conferences and workshops.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Previous experience providing telephone based technical support and/or desk side technical support.
* Ability to communicate technical subject matter to non-technical staff.
* Proven track record of being detail oriented, with outstanding follow-through.
* Strong knowledge of PC systems and MAC systems (desktop and laptop), as well as wireless devices and printer hardware.
* Previous experience supporting mobile devices or with Mobile Device Management platforms (Airwatch).
* Previous experience with entering and tracking tickets in an incident management system (Service Now).
* Knowledge of VOIP technology telephone system a plus.
* Previous experience with Active Directory is desired.
* Ability to troubleshoot wireless handheld devices (Blackberry, Droid, iPhone, iPad, etc).
* Ability to troubleshoot remote technologies (RDP, VPN, Citrix, etc.).
* Excellent ability to follow procedures and processes to ensure we remain IT Compliant.
* Knowledge of Video Conferencing systems a plus.
Education and Experience
* College Degree in a computer-related discipline required. Technical experience related to the area of assignment may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
* One to three years of experience in a technical environment supporting the latest version of the Microsoft Office application suite as well as iManage, Payne, Workshare, DocXtools, SMS, Micorsystems, Litera, and other legal specific applications.
* Law firm experience a plus.
One or more of the following certifications a plus.
* MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows
* MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
* MOS: Microsoft Office Specialist; Certification in Word, Excel and Outlook (version 2016) PowerPoint or Access, Network+ preferred.
* ACMT: Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
* HDI HelpDesk Analyst Certification
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.