Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America's diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock' banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
The Software Engineer Speciality serves as a technical resource in finding software solutions in niche domains (defined below). Conducts research and resolves problems in relation to processes, and recommends solutions and process improvements. Analyzes user needs, determines requirements. Develops, implements, and maintains software solutions to meet niche domain (defined below) business requirements. Provides technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications. Creates and maintains process documentation for programs. Creates test data, conducts interfaces and unit tests. Assures quality, security, and compliance for supported systems and applications. Invests effort in learning domain knowledge and becoming a SME for the application and business function supported by the team. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs using Agile development practices. Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as capital markets, quants, artificial intelligence, machine learning. Implements complex projects/initiatives on above domain. Understands and participates to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met, and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives. Assists other team members in advanced software development.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- 7+ years of risk analysis and quantification experience
- 7+ years of quantitative development experience
- 7+ years of C#.NET experience
- 7+ years of fixed Income experience
- 4+ years of securities industry experience
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
- 7+ years of capital markets experience
- Knowledge and understanding of trade finance: products, pricing, customary documentation, and master risk participation agreements
- Knowledge and understanding of financial products and associated mathematical concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of technology object oriented: polymorphism, reflection, and interfaces development
- Knowledge and understanding of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working with Intex, Bloomberg, and Calypso
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.