Kforce has a client seeking a Software Test Engineer in New York, NY.
Do you have a talent and a passion for testing. The Software Tester will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the design team. To be successful as a Software Tester, you should have a working knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results. Ultimately, the Software Tester should be result-driven, and have good communication skills.
- Advocate for quality and testing
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles
- Generate test ideas and heuristics
- Write clear and concise bug reports
- Communicate your findings from testing in a meaningful way and productive way
- Participate in design meetings with Business Analysts, UX designers, Support and Developers and
share perspectives on ensuring testability
- Participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, and potential problems
- Produce and maintain product coverage reports for test coverage
- Lead and guide critical initiatives that often require complex technical and domain knowledge
- Assist with troubleshooting escalations and critical issues; take ownership until the issue is resolved