TEGNA, one of the nation's leading broadcasters, has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Sr. Account Executive, Programmatic Advertising. TEGNA is the largest owner of the top 4 affiliates (I.e. NBC, CBS, etc.) in the top 20 DMAs among independent broadcast owners. TEGNA's digital properties reach approx. 75M unduplicated monthly viewers and has been within the comScore Top 50 properties throughout 2020.
TEGNA is a multiplatform media company with a wide variety of powerful digital platforms including:
- Localized digital news properties (websites, apps, OTT apps and social media channels) for TV stations that reach almost 40% of the country.
- A robust presence on YouTube, with more than 100 million monthly video views.
- Daily Blast Live, a national syndicated program with broad digital reach.
- National video-based digital franchises including VERIFY, focused on fact-checking, and Heart Threads, which produces uplifting stories for all of our stations.
- True Crime Network, a first-of-its-kind multicast television network and OTT app airing entertaining crime programming and making communities safer.
- Vault Studios, a true crime podcast network, which has quickly grown into one of the leaders in the genre with more than 20 million downloads.
- Second screen experiences that accompany our broadcasts that enable our audiences to contribute in real time to our on-air broadcasts through user-generated content and audience engagement technologies.
To date, much of this inventory has been sold locally or monetized programmatically through SSP relationships.
The Sr. Account Executive, Programmatic Advertising will lead the sales, marketing and business development strategy for garnishing more volume and preferred deals from SSP partners, DSPs, and trading desks. The person will focus on developing direct relationships with customers, showcasing our audiences and platforms, creating value of our audience, crafting preferred deal relationships (or building on current deals), and providing feedback to the digital product team to ensure TEGNA's content and development team are delivering monetizable inventory for the sales team. In addition, the person will partner with other members of the traditional national salesforce where there are opportunities to develop linear and digital salesforces for existing national clients.
The right person for this role is a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative environment, wants an opportunity to make a significant impact and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges. The person also needs to be collaborative, have strong communication skills, and have a proven track record of develop strong client relationships. The ideal person would have a rolodex of existing relationships with SSPs, DSPs and trading desks.
- Drive incremental revenue through an increase in advertising volume and increase in CPMs through existing ad units and advertising products. Although all products (display, video and sponsorships) are available, have a heavy focus on video products including pre-roll, OTT app inventory and YouTube.
- Own a demand pipeline, with accountability for revenue. Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
- Develop direct relationships with DSPs and trading desks.
- Assist in creating a value proposition and marketing of TEGNA's network of platforms and audiences.
- Become an integral partner to the digital product dev, advertising and content team, providing guidance on the development of new monetizable products.
- Support other national sales team members in selling through digital products to existing linear clients, where applicable.
- Review and track sales trends and KPIs for key digital products.
- 5+ years of digital advertising sales and digital experience, with strong emphasis on business development within the programmatic space.
- 4-year degree in relevant degree program or equivalent experience required.
- Track record of delivering incremental revenue through sales relationships.
- Strong set of existing relationships with DSPs, SSPs and Trading Desks within the United States.
- Proven relationship development experience.
- Proven knowledge of the digital advertising technology stack and workflow.
- Professional communication skills, both internally and externally. Ability to articulate thoughts and concepts fluidly. Personality to quickly build rapport and build professional relationship.
- Travel will be required.
- Strong independent thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to operate independently with discipline in a remote environment.
Job is physically based and reporting into Dallas, TX. Job is remote and can be preformed anywhere.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.