MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
A leading Brewing company is looking to hire a Data Scientist, this position can be contract or full time.
The company is a brewing company and headquartered in the US.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for:
- Building data science solutions that meet a certain threshold of difficulty to solve business problems, such as assortment optimization, price and promotions, demand planning, supply and logistics, and omni-channel analytics
- Building code that builds reproducible results and is written as per team's design practices
- Reviewing methodology and code developed by peers
- Collaborating with others to advance the team's ability to build quality solutions and adapt quickly
- Designing or influencing the creation of critical metric dashboards that monitor the quality of solutions and measure value
- Master's degree or PhD in the following areas preferred: Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or similar field.
- 3-5+ years of real world experience as a data scientist applying statistical/econometric and/or machine learning methods to solve real business problems
- 3 years of proven ability in feature engineering, training models, evaluating the efficiency of models, and setting up A/B tests with the ability to fine tune based on business feedback
- Experience in exploring data, hypothesis formulation, data wrangling that enriches understanding, and creating clean data for analysis
- High level of expertise in utilizing Python for data science, visualization, and scripting
Master expertise in at least one of the following:
- Statistical/Econometric modeling, including time series, regression methods, Bayesian statistics, and non-parametric estimation methods
- Machine/Deep Learning methods, including Boosted and Bagging methods, Neural Nets, Deep Nets, NLP, and Reinforcement Learning
No sponsorship available for this position
Remote until further notice