Title: SSI Software Applications Security Contractor
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Remote/Jersey City, NJ
Remote to start / Close to Jersey City NY preferred
Client is seeking a Software Applications Security Contractor to join the CISO group. The individual will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of a secure software development lifecycle across company and its agencies. Preference is given to candidate with a background in application development and application security with strong knowledge of SAST and DAST tools, and Security Training programs. The contract role will assist agencies in implementing and improving their secure software development lifecycle implementations.
- Participate in development and execution of the software security program based on business needs
- Assist with assessment and reporting of software security risk across company's application portfolio
- Provide support for software security questions and mentoring
- Work across differing business verticals and disciplines
- Engage with third party vendors to deliver software security tools and services
- Strong knowledge of common software risks (such as OWASP top 10) and risks specific to cloud applications.
Qualifications – Internal
- 3 years of experience in application security.
- Knowledge of NIST-800 and Cloud Information Security (CIS).
- Strong understanding of development methodologies, particularly Agile and DevOps.
- Familiarity with static and dynamic application security, penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools, such as Coverity, Veracode, Burp Suite, Metasploit, Nessus, and NMAP.
- Experience with cloud security standards, best practices, and controls.
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in API standards and implementation (OAuth, JWT, JWYKey, Public key encryption, OpenId).
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Docker-swarm for deployment of Microservices. - Relevant security certifications such as CISSP/CSSLP or equivalent preferred
- Able to work with in-house and vendor teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Metrics development and management for both business and technical consumption
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com