Must be located in the Cincinnati, Ohio metropolitan area
Current WGU employees must have their application submitted by 8/27/202
Reporting to the Region Manager, Strategic Partnerships, the Strategic Partnerships Manager (SPM) will utilize skills and experience in B2B and B2C to develop current and new relationships with partners and other organizations to provide degreed education to their employees in a specific region. Promoting the value of WGU’s educational programs, and executing a flywheel approach to effectively benefit both the university and its partners will lead to the end goal of supporting workforce development through continuing education.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Authentically project and reflect the mission of WGU in a professional manner and deliver sales presentations to partner organizations with the sales acumen that incorporates WGU’s “flywheel” approach.
- Develop deep relationships and pipelines to increase WGU’s student enrollment and educational impact within organizations.
- Execute a relevant strategic account plan for every account owned, ensuring partnership launches, maintenance, project timelines, student growth and business results are achieved.
- Incorporate consistent utilization of marketing and partnership communication that will enhance WGU being top of mind for employees considering educational opportunities.
- Plan, collaborate, and participate in WGU hosted events. Participation includes pre-event efforts to secure partner participation and marketing of the event to appropriate audiences, support the day-of activities and complete follow-up tasks.
- Demonstrate thoughtful and appropriate time management in extending the vision, strategies and tactics required for profitable and sustained partner engagement and implementation across all assigned accounts.
- Maintain timely, accurate and thorough documentation of all activities, tasks, contacts and account management.
- May develop, orient and support engaged alumni to represent WGU in regional events, within their places of employment, or, with other opportunities.
- Initiative - self-directed with a strong bias for action and results; displays keen interest in students and organization.
- Reliability - accountable to self and others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity
- Problem Solving – able to develop new ideas that will enhance partnership results, is future-oriented and assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
- Earns trust – exceptional and persuasive using communication skills, oral and written, delivers on commitments
- Negotiation–can negotiate and influence skillfully and professionally while maintaining relationships.
- Attitude - displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Adaptability – manages behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Student focus – ability to keep the student at the center of what we do, and why we do it. Exhibits passion about improving the educational experiences of our students by creating lasting partnerships with employers, community colleges, school districts, and the community.
Required Education and Experience
- Five (5) or more years of experience in business development and strategic account management with a record of high performance in solution selling across multiple industry verticals. Strong business networks are highly desirable.
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is equally desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Higher Education or related field
Special Position Requirements
- Ability to travel 25% of the time within the State.
- Ability to have open schedule flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Problem solving skills – Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate. Is future-oriented. Assesses what will help or hinder achieving goals. Focuses on what is important.
- Interpersonal skills – Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner. Approaches conflict proactively. Solicits and shares feedback openly. Listens with empathy and maintains composure.
- Accuracy – Draws on facts collected from a broad knowledge of WGUs goals and processes.
- Adaptability – Corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations. Tackles obstacles appropriately. Is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Reliability – Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done. Actions are consistent with words. Follows through on commitments. Exhibits exceptional integrity.
- Attitude – Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth. Is self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others. Asserts self appropriately to champion ideas. Tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Initiative – Self-directs with a strong tendency for action. Leads the way to improve performance or processes. Displays keen interest in students and organization.
#LI-JW2 #AA #D&I