School Professionals is recruiting substitute special education teachers for assignments across the 5 boroughs of New York City. Assignments are expected to be live and/or hybrid instruction in small-group settings. Long-term, short-term, and day-to-day assignments available.
Applicants should have 6 months experience in a preschool-college classroom and a completed bachelor's degree. Special Education experience strongly preferred. Special Education certification a plus. School Professionals' accomplished teachers are dedicated to helping all students learn and thrive in the classroom.
As a School Professional, you will view and accept assignments online and through our mobile phone app. Once you accept a job with one of our clients, you will simply report and work the required hours, all with the support of a staffing company with 58 years experience behind you!
Your responsibilities as a substitute teacher will include:
- Carrying out the professional duties of a classroom teacher
- Adhering to school policies and School Professionals policies
- Possessing a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Reporting for scheduled work reliably and punctually
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and supportive classroom environment
Applying to become a School Professionals teacher is easy! All you need to apply is:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: At least 6 months experience in a preschool-college classroom setting or a semester of student teaching