Our Head of Individual Markets Technology will be accountable for developing the strategy and support for the processes and tools that are critical to the success of our life and annuity businesses. This will include working directly with business leaders in strategic planning, identifying and implementing efficiency improvement opportunities, and effective systems operations. This leader will work closely with Third Party Administrators and providers to optimize development and delivery.
- Our ideal candidate will have the track record and experience to influence and to credibility assess the business needs and recommend build, buy or outsource solutions.
- Develops strategy and multi-year technology roadmap for desired capabilities in partnership with leadership, vendors and other internal technology partners to remove technical debt and keep technology and application platforms current and secure. Ensures alignment with overall company architecture of target state architecture.
- Maintains overall accountability for implementing the strategy/roadmap.
- Works with business partners to develop technology-based solutions to problems or opportunities. Working with current and future IT Vendors, Partners, and staff, establish a program to deliver excellent customer experience (CX) and support digital initiatives.
- Manages all third parties (outsourcing firms, software vendors, etc.) to ensure assigned tasks are completed according to requirements.
- Evaluates partners and vendors on an annual basis, completing an analysis of in-sourcing vs. out-sourcing periodically.
- Develops delivery methodology and approaches to ensure timely completion of defined work.
- Effectively leads and utilizes resources in the delivery and support for stakeholders; considers new operating models to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintains the technology ecosystems in alignment with Technology Guiding Principles.
- Contributes to Enterprise Architecture initiatives, and participates as key member of the Architecture Review Board.
- Ensures all systems and associated processes comply with required IT Governance and SOX Controls.
- Provides timely, accurate and consistent application and data integration support.
- Coordinates with other Technology teams to identify and implement new solutions to support business functions at an effective cost.
- Assesses IT applications to determine their ability to yield optimal business results.
- Modifies existing IT systems to adapt to changes in technology and the business.
- Maintains strong relationships across all functions within the Technology Department and across the Company.
- Develops annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, and effectively manages expenses to the established budgets associated with functions supported.
- Effectively develops team members through coaching and using the performance management process.
- Ensures exceptional client and business partner experience, ability to scale technology and provide innovative solutions. The leader must be team oriented, accountable and able to build trust across the organization
- Uses deep expertise in Strategy and IT to structure approaches to address complex projects and vague problems, understand and articulate the paths to solutions, and align the right people/resources against the right work
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 15 years experienced in technology including 8 or more years in supporting insurance administration platforms and solutions.
- Minimum 5+ years (7+) of Application Implementation, preferably as a manager or product owner.
- Prior 5+ years recent experience directly managing an application development team.
- Skilled in Agile delivery methodologies
- Prior experience working with Third Party Service Parties across the sourcing and software development Lifecyle
- Knowledgeable in Cloud technologies, such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation and selection of technology products.
- Recognition as a transformational leader of technology, infrastructure, and application maintenance organizations, processes, and people
- Awareness of Digital and Agile methodologies to apply across business platform ecosystems
- Demonstrated executive level thought leadership, strategy development, and financial and operational planning
- Rationalize applications within and across various business groups and a large enterprise
- Recognition as a transformational leader with proven ability to demonstrate leadership through influence, and lead change management
- Demonstrated experience in solution architecture and application integration patterns
- Solid grasp of InfoSec constructs and management of PII/PHI/secret data
- Ability to understand highly complex systems and data flows
- Exposure to SOX/MAR, SEC compliance, and other relevant frameworks
- Experience managing multi expansive technology budget across multiple departments
- Experience leading and developing successful technology teams
- Demonstrated analysis and communication skills, able to resolve technology and business problems
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through