Company is seeking an exceptional Senior Vice President to provide strategic counsel and execution for its clients in the healthcare sector – covering pharmaceuticals, oncology and healthcare services clients. This role will oversee the development, planning and execution of high-quality strategy programs, product communications for clients, and play a key role in growing new and existing business and managing and cultivating staff.
We want someone who is excited to work on breakthrough product communications in the areas of oncology, immunology, and neuroscience. This individual will need to build strong client relationships and drive growth within an agency environment, and possess a strong record of account management with exceptional client service.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as the expert leader on client teams, demonstrating industry or media-driven knowledge that directly and indirectly affects the client
- Identify and nurture opportunities for organic growth and generate new leads.
- Evaluate communications opportunities for senior business leaders while communicating the organization’s position on key topics
- Delivering an excellent level of client service by articulating client media relations needs to senior managers, updating on media relations project status and priorities, and ensuring seamless workflow and communication among all team members
- Manage, mentor, and develop junior and mid-level talent by identifying skills and teaching best-in-class digital strategies
- Lead and manage execution of strategies through campaigns and ongoing management.
- Proactively communicate timely updates of project status, milestones and barriers to the account teams
What You Have
- A minimum of 8 years of experience within healthcare
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of product communications, patient advocacy in the oncology space
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills and organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience on public relations campaigns in key therapeutic areas including oncology, diabetes, mental health and infectious disease.